As one of the largest chapters of the nationwide Finlandia Foundation, the Seattle Chapter actively pursues objectives that have been the core of the chapter since its establishment in 1968 by providing Finnish language classes, presenting Finnish movies, organizing a variety of events throughout the year such as the Finnish Independence Day Dinner and Dance, and more!
- October 18 and 20: Seattle Symphony performs Ciel d’hiver by Kaija Saariaho. For tickets and more information see seattlesymphony.org.
- October 26 – 28: Iittala Bird Lovers’ Weekend at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma. For more information see www.museumofglass.org/iittala-bird-lovers-weekend
- October 26 – 28: Kantele Workshop at Finnish Lutheran Church. See the FFSC event calendar for more information.
- October 30: “Steam of Life” film about Finnish saunas at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art. Tickets and more information at the Brown Paper Tickets page for the event.
- October 27: Sámi Film Minifest at the Nordic Museum. See the event webpage for more information.
- November 10: Finnish Holiday Bazaar/Joulumarkkinat at the Swedish Club. More information in the FFSC event calendar
- December 8: Independence Day Dinner and Dance at the Swedish Club. More details will be posted here and elsewhere soon.