As one of the largest chapters of the nationwide Finlandia Foundation, the Seattle Chapter actively pursues objectives that have been the core of the chapter since its establishment in 1968 by providing Finnish language classes, presenting Finnish movies, organizing a variety of events throughout the year such as the Finnish Independence Day Dinner and Dance, and more!
Finnish language classes
The Finnish language class’s spring session starts on Thursday April 12th. See the language class page for more information about lessons and registration.
Coming this spring and early summer
Make sure to mark these up-coming events in your calendar!
- Kalevala Day Festival at Seattle Pacific University Nickerson Studios on Sunday April 8th 2:00 PM
- Finlandia Foundation Seattle Chapter Annual Meeting at the Swedish Club in Seattle on Wednesday April 25th 6:30 – 7:30 PM
- Wappu Picnic at Idylwood Park in Redmond on Sunday April 29th starting at 10:30 AM
- Seattle Symphony performs Kullervo by Jean Sibelius May 31st, June 2nd and June 3rd. See this Seattle Symphony website for more information tickets.
- Summer Festival at Vasa Park in Bellevue on Saturday June 9th