Finlandia Foundation Seattle Chapter Scholarships & Grants 2018
The Seattle Chapter of the Finlandia Foundation announces the availability of two scholarships or grants, each up to $1,300, for projects related to Finland.
The successful applicant but must have a clear plan for using the award money to support a project related to Finland. College undergraduates are especially encouraged to apply. In order to apply for a scholarship, applicants must submit
- A letter of no more than two pages in length that includes a brief biography, a description of the project for which the application is submitted as well as budget for the project.
- Evidence or testimony of the project’s Finnish/Finnish-American cultural, educational or scientific merit.
- College students should submit an official transcript of all college-level studies. If the applicant is a high school student, then transcripts from that level should be submitted.
- Letter(s) of recommendation written by someone able to evaluate the applicant’s Finland-related project.
- The application should include the applicant’s contact information: name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
Note that the funds will not be available for projects with a start date earlier than April 15, 2018, thus the start date of the project, as well as the expected completion date, need to be included along with a budget and marketing plan (if applicable). Please note that salaries will not be considered for funding.
Special consideration is given to applicants who reside or study in Greater Seattle or elsewhere in the State of Washington.
Applications should be submitted in electronic form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, although applications may also be sent by regular mail to:
Finlandia Foundation Seattle Chapter
P.O. Box 5024
Bellevue, WA 98009-5024
It is strongly suggested that applicants use registered mail or some other form of mailing that provides a receipt with date of mailing if sending applications through regular mail.
Applications sent by email must be received by April 1, 2018. Applications sent by regular mail must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2018. Winners will be notified by April 15, 2018.
Winners are encouraged, but not required, to attend the Finlandia Foundation Seattle Chapter annual meeting at the Swedish Club in Seattle on Wednesday April 25th at 6:30 PM where scholarship checks will be awarded.
For more information see www.finlandiafoundationseattle.com or send email to email@example.com.