Join us at the Suomi Finland 100 Summer Party at Vasa Park!
The Summer Party is a family-friendly event with Finnish music, games, food and drinks in good company by Lake Sammamish.
No entrance fee! Everyone is welcome.
Food and drinks will be on sale, including:
- hot dogs, hamburgers, snacks, coffee and ice cream
- beer, wine, water and soft drinks
- Fazer Sininen and Dumle chocolate
Cash or checks only!
Fun activities all day:
- Games and fun for children organized by the Finnish School of Seattle
- Paddle Boards and Kayaks
- Swimming in Lake Sammamish – bring your own beach toys & blankets
- Volleyball and other park activities
- Music, singing and dancing
SUMMER PARTY 2017 PROGRAM TIMELINE:
11.00 Opening words, Outi & Marjo
11.15 Katrilli & Rahwas
11.45 Pirjo Polari Show for Children songs and stories including puppets (preschool-aged kids)
12.00 – 4.00 Food
12.00 – 7.00 Paddle boards and Kayaks
12.15 – 2.00 Childrens’ Games and Art by Suomi-koulu
1.00 – 5.00 Hobby horse riding
4.00 – 5.00 Childrens’ Games and Art by Suomi-koulu
12.30 Folk Voice: dance music
1.00 Sing along with Terhi
1.30 Maria Männistö Trio will perform some great Scandinavian Jazz
2.00 Pirjo Polari Show for Children (school aged kids)
2.30 Pärske: a new local band of Finnish origin, playing real Suomi Rock and Pop
3.30 Flamenco Show: a Finnish dancer, Eve Salonen will join a local Seattle based flamenco group Cuadro Azahar Flamenco for a 30 min energetic and traditional flamenco performance.
4.00 Line Tango with Nina
4.15 Maria Männistö Trio: Lavatanssit
5.30 Final Sing along with Terhi
6.00 Summer Party ENDS
** NOTE! Changes to the program might occure.
This event is open to everyone, but a few restrictions apply:
- No pets are allowed in the park area.
- No glass bottles are allowed in the park.
- No grills or boats are allowed during the Summer Party.
Come and enjoy a fun day with Finns and friends of Finland! Let’s celebrate Finland’s 100th anniversary together.
See you there!