Finlandia Foundation Seattle Chapter Grants & Scholarships
The Seattle Chapter of the Finlandia Foundation announces the availability of scholarships or grants, each at most $1,000, for projects related to Finland.
Deadline for applications is April 15, 2021. Winners will be notified by April 30, 2021.
The successful applicant must have a clear plan for using the award money to support a project related to Finland. College undergraduates are especially encouraged to apply. Submit the following to apply for a scholarship:
- A letter (no more than two pages) that includes a description of the project for which the application is submitted, start and expected project completion dates and a budget.
- Evidence of the project’s Finnish/Finnish-American cultural, educational or scientific merit.
- College students should submit an official transcript of all college-level studies.
- Letter of recommendation written by someone able to evaluate the applicant’s Finland-related project.
- Applicant’s contact information: name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
Funds will not be available for projects with a start date earlier than April 30, 2021. Please note that salaries will not be considered for funding.
Special consideration is given to applicants who reside or study in the greater Seattle area or elsewhere in the State of Washington.
Applications should be submitted in electronic form by email to
Applications may also be sent by regular mail to:
Finlandia Foundation Seattle Chapter
P.O. Box 5024
Bellevue, WA 98009-5024
It is strongly suggested that applicants use registered mail or some other form of mailing that provides a receipt with date of mailing when sending applications through regular mail.
Applications sent by email must be received no later than April 15, 2021. Applications sent by regular mail must be postmarked no later than April 15, 2021.
For more information see https://www.finlandiafoundationseattle.com or send email to email@example.com.
For more information send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.